A Type 3 Safety Laser Scanner Allows Users to Easily Configure Protection Zones.
• A safety mat may break if something heavy or sharp drops on it
• Having to stock different sized mats can be cumbersome
• Change in the facility layout can make safety mats unusable
• Not easy to move due to its heavy weight
• Only rectangular shapes can be covered in the protection zone
• Non-contact detection is free from damage caused by falling objects or vehicle traffic
• No need to stock different size mats
• Protection zones easily modified for workspace layout changes
• Easy to move due to its compact body and light weight
• Complex-shaped zones can be configured
A laser scanner can be installed anywhere since protection zones and/or warning zones can be easily configured for dangerous areas. Despite its compact body, the SZ Series has a maximum protection zone of 4.2 m and a maximum warning zone of 10m.
*Simple rectangular shaped protection zones can be configured via the front operator buttons.（SZ-01S)
Multiple zones (protection zones/warning zones) can be selected via remote input. For example, in the image on the right, the zone set is selected via feedback on the robot's position.
* SZ-16V: 16 zone sets (banks)